Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Building Forts

When I was a kid, one of the best things to do was build a fort. My sister, Wendy, and I shared a room. She used to boss me around and tell me what to do. I was four years younger and pretty much put up with it. One of the things she used to tell me to do was to go round up some blankets...when I would come back she would build a really cool fort. We had a table and chairs in our room and we would use that to bridge the blankets. When it was all built we would hang out inside.

This weekend Reilly asked me to build her a fort. Her and Daddy do this all the time and she thinks it is the coolest. This weekend after I built it, her and Brooke sat in there playing with toys. It was really adorable and reminded me of my childhood.

I couldn't get a good picture, they all turned out blurry. But, I felt it was a memory worth blogging about anyways!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I agree - forts are SO much fun!!

Grandma Trudy said...

They are too cute together! "Sisterly love!"