Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sleepy Reilly

There are only two times I can ever remember Reilly falling asleep while we read books. The first time was about 6 months ago when she was laying down for a late nap. The second time was Friday night. We had a great family night. Lauren, Zoe, Ben and Trudy all came over for Rosh Hashana and the kids played hard. She skipped her bath and had just eaten chocolate so she was messy, but tired. I felt her latch onto my arm and squeeze - as she does when she is super tired - just as I was reading the third and final book. As I closed the book I realized she was sound asleep - and still wrapped around my arm.

I have to admit I didn't hate it ;-). I sat and cherished that special moment and thought about how I will long for these days when she is a teenager and wants nothing to do with me. Mike snapped a picture of us.


2 comments: