Saturday, February 28, 2009

Running

Amber and I ran a 5K this weekend as Disney. Mike was signed up to run too, but he ended up having to stay with the kids - next one is for him! I started training for this race around the first of the year, but quickly fell off - and hadn't run in about 3 weeks, so I knew the race would be tough. I did okay for the first mile, but then fell off. Its okay, I finished with sore muscles, but I did finish! My time was around 34:00.

It was an early morning, we had to leave the house at 5:30 a.m. - so we had to wake the girls. They were good at first, but then Reilly got super crazy from being tired!

After the adult race, the kids did a 100 yard race - they had numbers and shirts - it was so cute. Poor Marek got run over by some kid in the middle of the race, so he was pretty bummed out. But they both were so cute!



Marek and Reilly mentally preparing for the big race (a.k.a - they were wild and out of control ;-) )


Reilly and Mommy after the adult race - boy do I look tired!


Brooke sleeping through the kid race


Reilly and Marek with their medals


Reilly showing off her medal


The Harlem Globetrotters gave out the medals

1 comment:

Grandma Trudy said...

What a great runner you are Reilly!! You're so competitive!! Maybe some day I'll be watching you compete in the Olympics!!!